Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hollow


I feel strange when I'm nervous.  The really funny thing is that the strange feeling doesn't start in my stomach, it starts in my hands.  They feel sort of weak and strangely hollow.  This feeling moves up my arms, clutches at my chest and then wraps itself around my stomach until I feel entirely engulfed in fear.

This is how I feel before speech rounds.

I know, I know.  I've done this for four years, shouldn't I be used to it by now?  Yes, I should be, but I'm just not.

I recently figured it out, though, and now I almost enjoy this feeling (almost).  See, I feel hollow and weak, and I am.

I am hollow and weak.

But maybe I'm hollow so that He can fill me up.  Maybe I'm weak so that He can be my strength.

"He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things."
~Psalm 107:9

"The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their stronghold in the time of trouble."
~Psalm 37:39

Over and out,

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment